Did you know that in an average woman’s lifetime she will spend about $1,700 on lipstick? Neither did we! What an insane amount of money to spend on one particular makeup product. Makeup has been around FOR EVER! It was originally used by the Egyptians and stuck in a tube in the 1800’s.. Here are some fun facts about the history of lipstick!
Here are some crazy facts about lips and lipstick!
1. Hazel Bishop created long-lasting lipstick while working as a dermatologist in the 1940’s
2. During the Suffrage Movement for women’s rights in the early 1900’s, protest leaders wore bright lipstick as a sign of independence
3. Both women AND men wore lipstick in Ancient Egypt
4. The first lipstick in a tube was created in 1870
5. Your lips are 100 times more sensitive than your fingers
6. The most lipstick is bought in the USA is in Miami, Portland and Atlanta