As we move into the second week of a new month I think that it is very over due for my monthly favorites! October is always a favorite month of mine because fall is finally in full swing! The leaves change colors, the air is crisper, and the smell of pumpkin spice begins to travel from the line at Starbucks out into the normal air. So today I thought it was time for me to jump right into some of the things that I absolutely loved this past month.
- I think the top one was definitely visiting the Pumpkin Patch with my great nephew Ben and the rest of my family! Going to the pumpkin patch is something that screams fall and it’s definitely such a good bonding experience and family outing to do during the season! I loved seeing Ben play with all the animals at the petting zoo at the pumpkin patch too! There is just something about that boy that makes every day just a little bit brighter!
- My favorite song this month definitely had to be the Avett Brother’s version of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. I’ve been listening to it nonstop. It’s a great song and one that I can definitely belt out the lyrics too as it plays! Sadly though Leonard Cohen recently passed away and I think that’s another reason that I listened to it so often during the month of October as a little homage to him.
- And of course if we are talking about favorites we have to talk about my favorite drink during October! I took it upon myself to name it.. Lou’s Not So Thin Mint. It’s a cocktail with Bailey’s, Kahlua and Rumplemintz! It tastes just like a girl scout cookie, which are such a weakness of mine! Every time a girl scout knocks on my door during that season I can’t resist! So I’m glad that I found a little adult version of a Thin Mint!
- The most logical progression is to move into my food favorites! I love the holiday seasons because you are able to indulge in sweets and not feel too bad about it (at least to try not to) because you always have something to celebrate with. And to embrace all things October my favorite snack was a sweet one, a caramel apple with nuts. My mouth is literally watering just thinking about it right now! They are such a fall staple, all I’m picturing is walking around a carnival at night and taking a bite into the sweet apple!
- I couldn’t resist adding my favorite candy because I mean let’s be real, the big thing in October is Halloween so of course that’s another excuse to eat sweet too! And my favorite for this past month was a snickers candy bar with almonds! (I might have to make a stop at the store to pick up some sweet things now)
- My favorite beauty product of the month of October has to hands down be color pop’s lipstick in the shade “trap.” This color is such a gorgeous transition color from the warmer seasons into the cooler seasons that winter and fall have to offer! The deep plums are already coming back and I am so excited to see them popping up on people more often as the weather gets colder.
- And my final October favorite is a show that I have been absolutely obsessed with and it is called “This is Us” and rather than explaining all of the reason’s I love the show I think I’ll just let the trailer do the talking (just click the title of the show and fall in love just like I did)