Music is such an amazing part of life. Everyone likes different music and no one has the same taste which makes it all the more fun! You get to show your friends different songs that you find and they get to do the exact same with you! Although people don’t always seem to see eye to eye on music, everyone does see eye to eye in regards to it being a part of their life. Now a days there’s a playlist for everything, working out, relaxing, doing work..so it’s a no brainer that there is even a playlist for your wedding day too!
As a lover of all things creative, I love music, and the music that you play in your bridal suite while you get ready sets the tone for the entire day. If you listen to slow sad songs, you’re going to be sluggish and a little bit down. But if you listen to fun upbeat songs then your wedding will be just that. Fun filled and nothing but upbeat! The way that you start your day sets the precedent for the way the day will progress!
So with that in mind here is my ultimate wedding day playlist!
- Wannabe by the Spice Girls is a MUST! Not only is it a great song but when you belt out, “If you wannabe my lover you gotta get with my friends,” your girls will know that just because you’re getting married doesn’t mean that they are losing you! (This is actually a fear of some bridesmaids!)
- Marry you-Bruno Mars: I don’t think that there is any explanation needed for this one!
- I feel like a woman by Shania Twain: This is such a fun song to sing when you’re getting ready with your girls! “The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun” I mean that line is golden and all you are doing on your wedding day is having fun!
- Crazy in Love by Beyonce: honestly…. anything Beyonce is strongly suggested to be on your playlist but Crazy in Love is such a good one. You get to have a little bit of the Jay Z and Beyonce love for your wedding day.
- The Way You Make Feel by Michael Jackson: This is just a classic and you can’t help but sing along! And what better way is there to feel about about your husband than him turning you on?
- I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys: I am such a sucker for boybands that they always end up on any playlist that I make. It doesn’t matter what the boyband is but I just enjoy men singing and dancing in unison.
- Can’t Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: This is a song that can even roll over from getting ready, to the reception. Because the ceiling probably (most definitely) won’t hold you and your family and friends with all of your dancing.
- Time of my Life by Billy Medley and Jennifer Warnes: EVERYONE loves dirty dancing so how can you not love singing along with Billy and Jennifer while they sing about how they are having the time of their life! And it is really is the time of your life! And you and your future hubby owe it to each other!
- And the last one (clearly you will have more music on your playlist but the last suggestion I’m going to give you is) I’m On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons: Because heck yes you are top of the world on your wedding day! You are stepping into your future and it’s ok to feel like you are floating on air!
There are never too many songs to put on your bridal playlist. And lets be honest I’ve barely scratched the surface with the few songs on this list! However these are definitely enough songs to get you started on the perfect playlist for your wedding day! Staying up beat and fun is something that we love to do and is one of the amazing traits that the Glam Squad brings to every wedding we attend. So don’t worry, when you put on your perfect wedding day playlist we will definitely be singing and dancing along (and we might even embarrass ourselves a little bit in the process, but it’s all for fun right?!)