A question that we get asked all the time is whether or not the makeup is going to last throughout the day. We actually get asked this before the wedding day and then multiple times again on the actual day itself! When we answer the questions brides and bridesmaids alike are shocked by our answer: Yes, your makeup will last all day, and it will even last all night as you dance the night away at your reception.
We have a few tricks up our sleeve that ensure your makeup stays the exact way that you want it, and today I wanted to share a few of those little tricks with you!
- Moisturize– I know it sounds like something your grandma would say and keep reminding you to do, but it is one of the oldest tricks on making your makeup last all day. It smooths and hydrates your skin (especially needed in these winter months) Make sure you give the moisturizer time to dry before you apply foundation!
- Use a Primer- The first step that we teach our Glam Squad Academy students during our makeup course is to prime. By applying this primer before your foundation you are giving your face the perfect base coat ensuring a “just applied” look throughout the day.
- Waterproof– People for some reason tend to get scared when they hear this word. I don’t know if it’s because they think the makeup won’t be able to wash off at the end of the day (which it will with any makeup remover don’t you worry) but investing in waterproof eyeliner and mascara ensures that your makeup will last.
- Curl those lashes– If you slightly heat up your eyelash curler with your blowdryer. then crimp you lashes near the roots, in the middle, and near the tips. This will give you the most natural looking curl, and then apply the mascara!
- Thicker eyelashes– Of course you can buy a volumizing mascara, but there’s another tip that will ensure thicker lashes! Dust the tops of your eyelashes with translucent powder before applying mascara, use a small makeup brush to apply the powder and then apply your mascara!
- Making eye makeup last– The easiest way to make sure your eye makeup lasts all day is to apply an eye primer or concealer on your lid before applying eyeshadows and eyeliner
- Use brushes instead of your fingers– Brushes help you to apply a thin layer of foundation and concealer. These layers have less tendency to crease and cake up throughout the day!
- Lip makeup tips– One way to make your lipstick or gloss last longer is to apply a cream based concealer first. The lipstick will cover the concealer and make it last a lot longer
- Never wipe shine off your face– If your skin is oily, you might get a shine after just a couple of hours, if this is the case pat your face with a tissue or oil blotting sheets, but NEVER wipe!
We follow are all of these tricks at the Glam Squad and we even have a few more secret ones up our sleeves! We know how important it is to look fresh faced throughout your wedding day, and even for day to day life! Imagine how much more relaxed you will feel knowing that you don’t have to worry about your face staying on and in place for the entire day!